I have always been interested in creating original content for my blog, so I thought – what better way to do this than to create my own tag? I have very recently started using Canva to design my graphics (it’s absolutely brilliant, I thoroughly recommend!) and designed that I would create a little logo for my tag. The whole idea stemmed from the fact that I love to read and listen to music, two things that I feel have a very strong and similar relationship.
At the bottom of my recent 50 followers post, I asked my followers to suggest some ideas that I could put into the tag, combining them with my own. I have been absolutely overflowing with ideas, so many that I think I’m going to have to split this up into 3 parts. I will be crediting any suggestions that I was given with links to the blogs of these wonderful people.
I’m going to provide my own examples as a little guide and inspiration next to the questions.
I really hope you enjoy this tag because I have worked for HOURS on perfecting it!
- Answer as many or as few questions that you like. I suggest if you want to attempt them all that you turn it into a few daily/weekly posts, probably organised as I have. Make sure you have fun with it!
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their post.
- Leave a link to my post so that others can see all of the questions! 🙂
- Tag the post with the tagline ‘The Reader’s Playlist Tag’ so that I can see all of your lovely posts! ❤
- Use the logo as above in your post if you want! However, I ask that you don’t modify it, please!
- Tag a few friends to take part in the tag at the bottom of your post! 😀
- Feel free to leave a link in my comments to your own responses. I look forward to reading them!
The Reader’s Playlist (Tag)
Part A: Books
1. Cassette = A classic that you love to read
Example: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen ❤ One of the best books you’ll ever read! I read it in just one day! 😮
2. Rewind = Most shocking moment in a book
Example: When a certain character dies unexpectedly in a book. I’m not being specific just in case I’m spoiling it for some of you, but maybe think about Allegiant or Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!
Don’t forget to put spoiler alert before you reveal any major plot twists!!! 😀
3. Vinyl Record = A book that had you in a spin, through sheer confusion! Example: Falling by Sharon Dogar. I just couldn’t finish it because the two narratives were far too similar and the book just got super dark and deep in a way that really wasn’t for me.
Example: Falling by Sharon Dogar. I just couldn’t finish it because the two narratives were far too similar and the book just got super dark and deep in a way that really wasn’t for me.
4. Repeat = A book/series you read over and over again
Example: The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins! 😀
5. Stop = A book/series that made you stop and think
Example: Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington 😥
6. Broken Record = A book that you have tried and tried to finish but just cannot
Example: What I Was by Meg Rosoff. I have liked some of Meg’s other books but I just struggled, in spite of trying over and over again!
7. Shuffle = Books in a series/companion novels that you DIDN’T read in chronological order 😮
Example: Lying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger; I still haven’t read The DUFF 😦
8. Sheet Music = Books with endings that didn’t quite seem finished and require a (currently non-existent!) sequel
Example: Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. Just to point out, I loved the book, I just want to know what the three words were, okay! I’m sure we all do ❤
9. Play = Currently Reading
Example: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
10. CD Case = Favourite Book Blurb
Example: The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E Smith ❤ I am so totally in love with this book, it’s definitely one of my faves 😀
11. Artist Bio = Autobiography that you have read or want to read
Example: Lulu – I Don’t Want To Fight
12. Pop Music = A book that you loved that (deservedly) had a big hype around it
Example: Divergent by Veronica Roth
13. Add To Queue = Your TBR
Example: Watership Down by Richard Adams, Emma by Jane Austen and After You by JoJo Moyes 😥
Part B: Music
1. Library = Favourite place to buy/listen to music
Example: iTunes, YouTube, HMV, Amazon etc.
2. Bookmark = A song you keep losing (or forgetting about) then rediscovering
Example: Pompeii by Bastille
Reading Listening = What song(s) have you been enjoying listening to recently?
Example: Your Eyes Open by Keane, Oceans (Live Lounge) by Coldplay and Riptide (Live Lounge Cover) by Taylor Swift
4. Review = Tell me about a song and what you liked, disliked, rating etc.
Example: Amsterdam by Coldplay
Amsterdam is a song about the difficult times in life, it is about when you just can’t handle depression, and you’re so close to ending it all. It’s about making a wrong decision that leaves you buried under a huge burden of regret and sadness. When you can no longer take it, you decide to go and make it all stop. You want it to stop. You think there is no hope, no coming back from your situation. And yet, just as you’re about to do so, hope sweeps in at the final hour – that special person comes and rescues you just in time.
This song is perfect for those who are in a difficult place, who want to be reassured that there is still hope. Great for an emotional cry in private.
My favourite lyrics:
‘I know, I’m dead on the surface, but I am screaming underneath…’
‘But time is on your side, it’s on your side now…’
‘Stood on the edge, tied to a noose, but you came along and you cut me loose.’
My Rating: 5/5
5. Typical Plot Line = A song that sounds like another song
Example: Clocks by Coldplay vs When Love Takes Over by David Guetta ft. Kelly Rowland.
6. Memoir = A song that relates to a personal experience (yours or that of the artist)
Example: Out of the Woods by Taylor Swift, which was about a relationship filled with anxiety. She talks about it before this emotional live performance at the Grammy Museum.
7. Reading Slump = Music that you want to turn off because it puts you in a bad mood
Example: Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen. Or I Really Like You. Ugh. (No hate to Jepsen fans!)
8. Bestseller = Music that sold millions of copies
Example: 21 by Adele, one of my favourite albums ever ❤
9. Disorganised Shelves = Put your music collection on shuffle and see what comes up
Example: Beneath Your Beautiful by Labrinth ft. Emeli Sandé
10. Contemporary = Music that makes you want to dance
Example: Red Dress by The Revel Boys (originally by Magic!)
11. Retold = Favourite cover of a song
Example: Bastille – We Can’t Stop (Live Lounge)
Part C: Music and Books
1. Autographs = Do you have any autographs, signed albums, books or memorabilia?
Example: My copy of Lulu’s autobiography is signed because of a family connection 🙂 I also have all the autographs of all the members of an awesome band who has visited our school twice, Twelve 24.
2. Physical vs Electronic = E-books or Paperback/Hardbacks? CDs vs Digital Download?
Example: Paperback and CDs all the way! 😀 #teamphysical
3. Have you ever been retweeted/had a tweet favourited by a famous artist/band or author?
Example: Jenny Han ❤ x2; Twelve 24 ❤ x1; Lawson RT x1; Graveyard Club ❤ x2, RT x1, plus reply; Jessica Shirvington ❤ x1, plus reply. (Sorry for all this, I couldn’t help myself!<3)
4. Tears = A book that made you sob your heart out + an emotional breakup song
Example: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and All Too Well by Taylor Swift (listen to the live version from the 2014 Grammys!) ❤ 😥
5. Anger = A book that you wanted to throw against the wall + an ‘angry’song (This one was suggested by the delightful Ann’s Reading Corner! Go check her blog out – if you haven’t already, what are you waiting for?! 🙂 )
Example: If I Stay by Gayle Forman (sorry!) & Complicated by Avril Lavigne!
The next two suggestions are by the brilliant Lilah’s Bookshelf! Check out her blog for all things book related! 🙂
6. Childhood = A book/series from your childhood + a song you loved when you were little OR a book that reminds you of your childhood + a song that takes you back in time 😀
Example: The Paddington Bear Books by Michael Bond and The Greatest Love of All by Whitney Houston ❤
7. Seasonal = A book that is set in your favourite season (please say which season!) + a seasonal song that gets you in the mood 😀
Example: Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (Autumn) & One More Sleep by Leona Lewis/Underneath the Tree by Kelly Clarkson (Christmas!)
8. Happiness = Books that you couldn’t help smiling whilst reading + A song that puts you in a good mood 😀 (Suggestion by the lovely Following Him Beside Still Waters! Check out her blog, it’s wonderful! <3)
Example: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick & A Moment Like This (Leona Lewis X Factor version!)
9. Friendship = A book about a friendship + your friendship anthem
Example: Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson and You’re My Best Friend by Queen 😀
10. Duet = Your OTP + your favourite artist collaboration
Example: Lara Jean and Peter from To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before ❤ ❤ and Princess of China by Coldplay and Rihanna
11. School = A book set in school + a song/music video about school/college experiences
Example: Just Listen by Sarah Dessen & Fifteen or The Story of Us by Taylor Swift
12: Words = Favourite book quote + favourite song lyric
Example: Huntley Fitzpatrick – My Life Next Door:
‘No words for a long time. Which is fine, because, even the most important ones – I love you. I’m sorry. Forgive me? I’m here – are only stand-ins for what you can say better without talking at all.’
Keane – Somewhere Only We Know:
‘And if you have a minute why don’t we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don’t we go
Somewhere only we know?’
Since this is my tag, I tag ALL of my readers to do this if they wish! I hope you enjoyed my answers, too!
If you have feedback of any kind, please feel free to comment below!