As I said before, I’m going to be publishing blog posts on a Friday now! As luck would have it, I have two things to celebrate today, the first being the fact that it is my 16th Birthday today! 🎉😄 I’ve been looking forward to this day for a little while, just to call myself 16. It sounds kind of ridiculous, but I like the maturity that this age is going to give me! 😌
Because it’s my birthday, but I also have to celebrate reaching 200 followers, (couldn’t have asked for a better birthday present, by the way!) I’m actually releasing TWO blog posts today! 🎉🎉
I thought it would be a lot of fun to do a birthday tag so that you can learn a little bit about me and my birthday! 🎉 This tag was created by a Dutch blogger called Kwante in Wonderland, and the original post is in Dutch, but I got the English version from a blogger called The Belgian Reviewer! Thank you for the inspiration, I did add a few of my own little ideas to it too, which I will indicate as my own 🙂
First off, I love my date of birth, which is 20/01/2001. It is just perfect as it is a repetition of the same four digits. I also love how my name is a palindrome (the same forward and backwards) but that’s another story! 🙂
Can you name celebrities who celebrate their birthday on the same day?
- Gary Barlow (Singer, originally from Take That)
- Buzz Aldrin (Astronaut, part of Apollo 11 alongside Neil Armstrong and Michael Collins)
- Heather Small (Singer, known for the song ‘Proud’)
- Tom Baker (Actor, The Fourth Doctor from Doctor Who)
- Stacey Dash (Actress, Dionne from Clueless)
- Dena Kaplan (Actress, Abigail from Dance Academy)
I guess I share my birthday with a lot of actors! How ironic that I can’t really act!
Is your birthday a (national) holiday?
Not in the United Kingdom, however, every 4 years my birthday falls on American Inauguration Day. I think we’ll leave any politically based comments at that.
Somewhat less fun, who died on your birthday?
Probably the most famous person on the list that I found, on January 20, 1993 – Audrey Hepburn died. May she rest in peace.
What’s your star sign?
I honestly don’t know. According to everything I have looked up, it is dependent on the year, and it differs between Capricorn and Aquarius. I am on the cusp.
What’s your Chinese sign?
I was born in the Year of the Dragon. Although dragons are mythical, let’s be honest – who wouldn’t want to breathe fire and be able to fly?
On which weekday were you born?
Saturday (I work hard for a living 😉 )
What song was number 1 in the charts when you were born?
In the UK, Love Don’t Cost a Thing by Jennifer Lopez was #1 on the day I was born.
How was the weather when you were born?
According to the Met Office, this was the weather report for the day I was born:
“During the 18th to the 20th weak low pressure systems affected the region with snow falling in places. Some snow flurries were experienced in southern counties during the 18th, while a few centimetres of snow carpeted East Anglia on the 19th and also in places in north-east England. Redesdale (Northumberland) and Redhill (Surrey) recorded -8.0 °C early on the 19th and 20th.”
So, basically, it was really cold, and there was some snow in places! I love snow, so that’s lovely ❤ I have a mug with the weather from the day I was born printed on it. The company that makes them is called ‘Birthday Weather’.
Anything important ever happened on your birthday?
- 1265 – The first English parliament to include not only Lords but also representatives of the major towns holds its first meeting in the Palace of Westminster, now commonly known as the “Houses of Parliament”
- 1887 – The United States Senate allows the Navy to lease Pearl Harbor as a naval base.
- 1921 – The first Constitution of Turkey is adopted, making fundamental changes in the source and exercise of sovereignty by consecrating the principle of national sovereignty.
- 1929 – In Old Arizona, the first full-length talking motion picture filmed outdoors, is released.
- 1936 – Edward VIII becomes King of the United Kingdom.
- 1937 – Franklin Delano Roosevelt and John Nance Garner are sworn in for their second terms as U.S. President and U.S. Vice President, the first occasion a Presidential Inauguration to take place on 20 January following the ratification of the 20th Amendment
- 1945 – World War II: Germany begins the evacuation of 1.8 million people from East Prussia, a task which will take nearly two months.
- 1986 – In the United States, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is celebrated as a federal holiday for the first time.
- 2001 – President of the Philippines Joseph Estrada is ousted in a nonviolent 4-day revolution, and is succeeded by Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. (Being half-Filipino, it’s always interesting to find that there was Filipino news on the day of my birth.)
- 2007 – A three-man team, using only skis and kites, completes a 1,093-mile (1,759 km) trek to reach the southern pole of inaccessibility for the first time since 1958 and for the first time ever without mechanical assistance.
I guess there have been a lot of historical events that have fallen on my birthday, many of which are, coincidentally, politically based. Moving along…
These are now my own ideas!
What are your ‘days old’ milestones?
I found these on a website called You’re Getting Old. It’s really great for learning lots of facts about your birthday and your life. Apparently, I am 5,844 days old today! 😀
What was the most popular film in the box office at the time of your birth?
It was a film called ‘Save the Last Dance’ in the US, and it’s about an interracial couple, and how they help the main character to pass a dancing audition to attend Julliard.
It sounds pretty interesting, to be honest! I might check this film out 🙂
If you weren’t named what you were, what might your parents have named you instead?
If I were a boy, (even just for a day!) I would have been named Christopher. My parents also considered the names Monique and Kathleen, (after my grandmother) but decided that Hannah Grace had a nice ring to it 🙂 I’m glad they did, because I love my name! ❤
And that brings us to the end of my birthday tag! It would be great if you guys could do this tag on your birthday as well so you can learn more about the day you were born. I hope you all are having a wonderful day, and I’ll see you later with another post! 🙂