Hey guys! I’ve realised how many award nominations I’ve received
recently over the last few months, and I have gotten SO far behind! It’s honestly embarrassing how I’ve let myself slip to the point of having to compile EIGHT nominations for awards! I’m honestly astounded that you guys consider me deserving of these awards. My blogging family has given so much to me that all I can say is a huge THANK YOU!! ❤
You lovely people inspire me so much with your kind words each and every day. ❤
Now, onto the awards…
Blogger Recognition Award
For this award, I was nominated three times: once by Grace of Following Him Beside Still Waters, once by Chiara of Chiara’s Corner and once by Ena of Pretty, Plus and Proud. Grace – you’re such a wonderful person and I’m so happy that I’ve met you through blogging! You’ve been nothing but lovely since day one and I’m so glad of our friendship! Chiara – you’ve shown so much promise since day one and your posts never fail to disappoint! You always put a smile on my face with your lovely comments! Ena – again, such a lovely lovely person who’s blog I love to read, simply because of your positive mindset and message! We should all be proud of who we are ❤ Thank you so much to the three of you for nominating me! 🙂
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Select other blogs you want to give the award to.
How my blog started
Okay, so I actually made a WordPress account in early 2016, but didn’t really write anything until June of that year. I was inspired by a passion to write, pretty much my main reason for starting a blog. That was it. I had no clue about the community and family I was about to enter. 😀 My first real post was on my work experience and the first few after that were almost diary-like, super detailed accounts of some experiences that I had had at the start of summer. I think I’ve really matured and changed in my writing since having started blog writing – hopefully, anyway! 😉
- Almost everyone says this, but don’t start a blog for popularity. You need to have the passion and drive for writing even if you think nobody is listening. In the end the people who care about what they are writing over the size of their following are the ones who end up being noticed. So pursue your passion regardless!
- Be kind to other bloggers and ensure you interact with them! But not because you want to be noticed, because you care about them and what they are writing about. As The Script very wisely say (or sing): ‘Give the love around and back around it goes…’
I’m only going to be nominating 2 people for each award simply because it would take me forever to nominate lots of people for each of the awards!
For this award, I nominate…
Alex of All Things Life – I’ve really enjoyed reading your posts so far, and am really looking forward to the future makings of your blog ❤
Lucy of Lucy and A Cup Full of Tea – You’re so so lovely, your posts are super helpful and your blog layout is amazing! If anyone deserves recognition, it’s you 🙂
Mystery Blogger Award
I was nominated for this award, on this occasion by three bloggers, once by Kate of All the Trinkets, Elsie of Elsie M. C. and Ann of Ann’s Reading Corner. These three are some of my favourite bloggers, all are so kind-hearted, have been super supportive throughout my blogging journey and never fail to make me smile. You guys are the definition of blogging friends ❤ 😀 Thank you for the nominations ❤
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog!
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well. Thank you to Okoto Enigma.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share your link to your best post(s).
3 Things about Me
- When I was learning to ride my bicycle without stabilisers, I was at first being held by the saddle. My dad let go, and I panicked. The place where this all was occurring was at a lake, and my choices were land in a muddy ditch or in the lake. I ended up heading for the ditch, where I got dismounted from my bike and ended up covered in mud.
- A dream of mine is to watch Formula 1 at Silverstone. Or just to meet Jenson Button, really.
- I’m really musical – I can sing (I take lessons and attend choirs), play the piano, harmonica, clarinet and violin. The last two I am a little out of practise with but they were both really fun! I have a super passion for music ❤
- What or who inspired you to blog? I was inspired by my need to write things – songs, poetry, reviews and to share my perspective on life with anyone willing to listen.
- What was the biggest obstacle you overcame last year? Or recently, really? It’s been so hard to make the choices I’m currently having to make – ones that will shape the way I live my life in the future. With the help of my friends and the mantra of ‘When in doubt, do what you love,’ I’ve finally decided what path I’m going to start walking down.
- What’s your everyday mantra? Haha, how coincidental that I mention the word mantra in the question above! Probably as above, or ‘Hard times will always reveal true friends.’
- If you’re allowed one impossible thing only you can do, what would that be? To live in a musical. I’m only joking, I think I’d like to bring some old movie stars back to life for a while just so that I could talk to them and thank them for the joy they bring into my life.
- What’s your spirit mythical creature? The Randler or Belvedere the Cockatrice, the mythical mascots of Mythical Beasts everywhere! Shoutout to Rhett and Link fans! ❤
- What is your earliest memory? Holding my (then) baby sister on my lap whilst I sat on the sofa having my picture taken. I must have been about two. 🙂
- What is the funniest joke you have ever heard? I made a good one the other day when somebody didn’t like how they looked in a photo: “Hey, don’t shoot the photographer. They’re meant to shoot you!” That joke was not particularly .appreciated, sadly…
- If you could change one thing about the world what would it be? This is a tough one. Probably making sure that we reach out to the vulnerable people in society so they don’t feel they have to turn to extremism.
- Who is your inspiration? One of my inspirations is dancer and actress, Vera-Ellen. Whilst I’m no dancer, I am truly inspired by her talent and dedication to her art form, and her ability to bring people joy.
- If you opened up your own museum what would be on display? Loads and loads of old movie musical posters and other film memorabilia.
- Weird – What is the closest thing to you on your left? A little glass jar with chocolate pebbles inside of it, which was a wedding favour from my cousin who just got married. 🙂
- What is your proudest moment in your life? Why is this such a tough one? Probably singing the Soprano solo of Lux Aeterna from Rutter’s Requiem this Easter and hitting a top B flat. It’s probably the best I ever sang it, and it was in front of the mayor. I was pretty proud ❤
- Funny – What would do if you were to grow a tail? Get myself a role in a local production of “Cats”
- In high school, what was your biggest fear? When I was a Year 7, I was so scared of being crushed to death by all of the tall year 10s and 11s in the narrow hallways. Now I’m a Year 11, and every single year group below me is made up of literal giants. Although I am still taller than all of my friends.
- What is your favorite movie of all time? This is so hard! I’ll say a few: Clueless, Enchanted, Beauty and the Beast (original), On the Town and Call Me Madam. ❤
My Best Post?
It’s tough to rate your own work, but some of my favourite ones are where I talk about my interests, for example, my Classic Movie Musicals post or The Essential Rhett and Link Starter Pack post. Check them out if you wish and let me know if you enjoy! ❤
- If you had one wish, what would it be?
- If you could get a sequel/extra series to a film or a show that is no longer on air, what would you choose?
- Who would you choose to be your alter ego and why?
- If you could meet any person in history, who would it be and what would you ask them?
- What is your favourite band?
For this award, I nominate…
Grace of Following Him Beside Still Waters – You are honestly the sweetest person ever, so strong in faith and mind. A truly positive and giving person that everyone should follow the example of. “Those who humble themselves shall be exalted.” ❤
Amber of Cinder + Sage – A truly lovely, sweet and friendly individual that I am grateful to interact with both on social media and on our blogs! The aesthetic of your blog is completely amazing as is your writing and recipes! I hope you go so far with blogging, as you honestly do deserve it! ❤
The Awesome Blogger Award
For this award, I was nominated by Grace of Following Him Beside Still Waters. Yes, this is my second award nomination from you! Grace, you’re honestly the nicest – always commenting on my posts and you’re part of the reason this blogging experience has been really worthwhile ❤ Thank you so so much for the nomination, lovely! 😀
“This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.” – Maggie of Dreaming of Guatemala, The Creator
This is such a sweet award that has a lot of heart behind it! Thank you for creating this tag, Maggie! ❤
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Include the reason behind the award.
- Include the banner in your post.
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated!
- What is the reason for the name of your blog? It’s made up of my Christian names. I believe I chose it because I wanted my readers to connect with an identity.
- How long have you been blogging for? I’ve had WordPress for over a year but have only been blogging since last June.
- If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Flying. Would be so cool to fly to famous landmarks and cities at night time and things like that!
- What is the most beautiful place you have been to? Singapore. I’d better not start as I’ll go on about it forever and ever. It was truly amazing, I even had a numinous experience there!
- Do you have a favorite song or one that you listen to on repeat often? Somewhere Only We Know by Keane. Never gets old.
- If a genie gave you three wishes, what would you use them for? Probably to end poverty, prevent extremism and promote the Gospel in young people.
- Extrovert, introvert, or somewhere in between? Somewhere in between. I can be super introverted and stuck at home in a book, but at the same time, I am quite an extroverted person when it comes to my other hobbies (choirs, public speaking etc.).
- Favourite book? Too difficult a question. Maybe Pride and Prejudice.
- A walk through the city or a stroll through nature? I love nature but I feel like I’m a city girl when it comes to exploration. I wouldn’t want to live full-time in the city, though.
- Share one of your favourite posts that you’ve written and why it means a lot to you. I really enjoyed putting together my collaborative post, The Valentine’s Project. It meant a lot to get such great feedback. To me, the love that the people who participated showed in helping me out was the best Valentine’s Day message I could have ever gotten.
- What is your favourite animated movie?
- If you could have any talent in the world, what would it be?
- Why did you decide to start up a blog?
- What is your ideal pet?
- Any words of life advice?
- Name one sentimental object that you possess.
- What is at No. 1 on your bucket list?
- What would you/did you use as your yearbook quote?
- First celebrity crush?
- Guilty pleasure?
For this award, I nominate…
Laura of SerendipiDIY – You are so so amazing at coming up with awesome DIYs, not to mention your posts being bilingual Italian/English, one of the first things I ever gushed about when I first read your blog. I first met you in October from a blog party and we have been firm friends ever since! You truly deserve this more than any individual I know because you are 100% pure awesome! 🙂
Tabi of Busy Bee Blog Web – You are super talented when it comes to making really cute and fun DIYs that always inspire me to be creative! You are truly a wonderful person inside and out and your stunning blog is really testament to that! 🙂
The Sunshine Blogger Award
For this award I was nominated by the lovely Rebecca of Life of Creativity Blog. Wherever I go in the blogging community, I frequently see Rebecca spreading positivity to lots of other bloggers and just being her lovely, kind hearted self. Not to mention the fact that she writes really really good content that is entertaining and original! 🙂 Thank you so much for the nomination! ❤
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
- What made you choose the theme of your blog? I love the colour blue. It’s also got quite a simple layout which I prefer over a more complicated one.
- Do you have any pets? No, sadly…
- Do you have a hidden talent? I can sew quite well and I used to draw lots of dress designs and styles when I was younger.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? Hamburg, Germany.
- What is a TV show you could watch again and again? Miranda. So hilariously funny and will never get old.
- If you could interview one celebrity who would it be? The late Vera-Ellen. I would love to talk to her and just know more about her. She was quite a mystery, but the few words was spoken of her were words of kindness.
- If you could be any superhero who would you be? Spiderman. I think he’s so awesome, but I’m not really into superheroes otherwise.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time? Finishing up a Geography degree at university.
- What is something you’re proud of in your life? My blog. I put so much into it and I’m just so happy with how it is currently.
- What’s your favourite mythical creature? I’ve answered this one in an earlier award, but again, the Randler or Belvedere the Cockatrice, the mascots of Mythical Beasts ❤
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Pizza. It’s the greatest food in the world and you can change it up a lot.
- Would you rather: never be able to dance again, never be able to sing again or never be able to speak again?
- What is your favourite movie genre and why?
- What is your go-to dance song?
- Would you visit a city to shop or to visit the culture?
- Are you a morning or afternoon or evening Person?
- Tell me something interesting you’ve learnt recently
- Are you a Brussel Sprout hater or lover?
- Best thing that ever happened to you?
- Which song relates to your current situation?
- If you could have one last 3 course meal, what would it consist of?
- Cook or be cooked for?
For this award, I nominate…
Witty Ginger Goes Around – I love reading your travel stories which constantly make me smile and give me the feeling of wanderlust! You are a great person to talk to about all things travel tips, and I look forward to the growth of your blog! 🙂
Frederike of Lovely Signs of Life – You are the person who got me into blogging, not to mention the great time we had with the choreo for HSM! You’re an inspiration and deserve this so much for the positivity and sunshine you bring into my life 🙂
One Lovely Blog Award
For the very last blog award I’m accepting today, I was nominated by the fabulous Bernadette of Bern Bakes! She shares with her following some of the most delicious looking recipes I have ever seen – not to mention the fact that she is an integral part of the blogging community; a truly lovely person to know! Please, go check her blog out! Thank you so much for the nomination, Bernadette!
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post about the award
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate at most 15 people
- Tell your nominees the good news!
7 Facts About Me:
- I am terrible at makeup. If ever there is an occasion where I need a bit of glamming up, I generally have to go to my younger sister for help!
- I’m also not great at sports. My proudest sporting moment was when I beat my personal best for the 800m by about 25 seconds, but I still was the last (although not by much) of the 4 girls I was racing against for sports day.
- That being said, I had the amazing opportunity to attend both the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games; watching Women’s Gymnastics, Wheelchair Athletics and Wheelchair Basketball. They were all absolutely amazing experiences! ❤
- I spent 3 years of my life growing up in an RAF Camp in Akrotiri, Cyprus even though no member of my immediate family is in the army.
- Once I was interviewed by the local news station about our school’s Easter Garden and tin donkey. Was a pretty interesting experience.
- I like to draw, and even came 7th in my year group for our Year 9 art exam, but am very glad I didn’t take Art GCSE as it is constant work. An example of my art:
- I’ve been part of several published works, including a book from my primary school featuring two pieces of creative writing written by me and a charity Christmas single for organ donation which includes my vocals both as part of an ensemble and also solo. Check that out here and let me know if you spot me! :p
For this award, I nominate…
I Blog A Little Bit of Everything – That you do, and you do it very well! Your theme is such a chill and sparkly one, and your posts are filled with your lively personality which never fails to make me grin 🙂 May you grow in blogging success!
Elizabeth of The Comfortable Coop – If there is one blogger that comes to mind when I think of the word ‘lovely’ as in the title of this award, it would be you! Your stories and recipes help your readers develop a really personal relationship with you, which is something not a lot of bloggers can pull off easily! 🙂
Well that was all of my awards! I hope you guys learnt something new about me and enjoyed reading this post.
See you all soon,